Our vision is for an engaged community that creates opportunities for everyone and feels good about itself.
Who runs Heart of Pitsea
The Heart of Pitsea Big Local is run by the community for the community.
We get support and advice from local organisations and agencies but we are in charge of making the decisions on how and where the money is spent over the 10 year project.
Survey results 2012
The residents that sent back their surveys told us that they annoyed that the estate has been left to get run down and in a bad state of disrepair – This makes some of people feel bad about where we live.
Lots of people agree that the children need more things to do in our area and that our community has misplaced its community spirit and neighborliness.
Fun day 2013
People that came to the fun day told us that there needed to be more days like this to bring the community together and voted on their priorities for the area
What are we doing about it?
- We organised a group of people to litter pick part of the area
- We have held a Tea party and coffee mornings so people can get together and have a chat over a cuppa and a cake
- We have organised another community summer fun day for August 2014.
- Identifying residents who are interested in getting together to champion certain causes on behalf of the community that are affecting us all like the state of the roads and paths, keeping the area clean and tidy,
- We are still listening to you all so let us know your views and ideas for the future.
- Bringing the community together and giving ourselves a stronger louder voice when dealing with Essex County Council and Basildon Council on things that matter to us.
We cant do it all by ourselves, we need your help, views and ideas to make a positive lasting difference to our area and build the pride and respect that Pitsea deserves. Let’s put the Heart back into Pitsea