Invitation To Tender
HEART OF PITSEA
WEBSITE COMMISSION TENDER
The Big Lottery chose a section of the Pitsea community to receive £1 million pounds of investment, over a 10-year period, as part of the Big Local Trust programme. Led by residents and called Heart of Pitsea, this project is now in its 3rd year and it is an exciting opportunity for them to make a massive, positive and lasting difference to their community.
There are four key outcomes that the funding aims to achieve:
The community (within the SS13 3 postcode area) will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live
In fulfilling this aim, the Partnership aims to:
- Bring together local residents, the different parts of the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors in a spirit of collaboration and mutual support
- Promote the engagement of communities and residents in all its work in a thoughtful, continuous and inclusive way
The residents leading the project have created a Big Local Plan which has been endorsed by the Big Lottery. This Plan maps out the medium-long term strategic direction of the initiative.
Heart of Pitsea does currently have a website but this is experiencing technical problems and requires an update and a refresh.
Therefore, we are seeking to commission a company to redesign our website, so that we can continue to share our vision with the local community and the world at large. We would like to partner with a company that can closely work with us to refresh, develop and maintain a dynamic and visually attractive website that will be easily accessible with ease of navigation and personal interaction. We would need this website to be active and fully functional for the final 7 years of our project, and possibly beyond if our partnership successfully continues.
WEBSITE TENDER BRIEF
- We are looking to continue with a magazine style website with appealing and informative images.
- We wish to continue with multiple pages with emphasis placed upon current project news, events and progress.
- We require to cross-promote information on various social media platforms with relevant links as an integral part of the website design.
- Possible integration of Youtube and Vimeo.
- Full website search function.
- Desktop, tablet and phone compatible.
- Newsletter sign-up function and e-mailing facility.
We have a preference to support local business whenever possible and to this end are ideally looking to commission our website design and maintenance to a web-designer or design team in Essex. We recognise the importance and value of excellent design and aim to produce a streamlined visual identity that reflects the exciting potential of our project and that resonates with the local community.
If your company would like to be considered for this commissioning process, you are invited to submit a tender. We would be interested in hearing additional ideas to the ones we have already outlined. In addition, we are obviously interested in a pricing quote which will cover the initial design and development stage, in addition to ongoing maintenance. We anticipate the commission to be decided by mid October so if you are interested, please submit your tender (by e-mail only) before the deadline of Friday 29 September 2017.
Tenders are being accepted via application form. To request a Tender Application Form email firstname.lastname@example.org